Estonian LGBT Association
The Estonian LGBT Association is a non-profit organization for LGBT (lesbian, gay, bi, trans) people.
The mission of the Estonian LGBT Association, as a representative of the Estonian LGBT people, is to raise awareness of LGBT topics in the society through education and advocacy. The association also aims to increase the self-awareness and social activity of LGBT people by providing support and personal growth possibilities.
The vision of the Estonian LGBT Association is a caring and inclusive society where every person is valued regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity. The Estonian LGBT Association is an effective advocate of LGBT topics in Estonia.
The association is active in three main areas:
- Seminars and educational work to raise awareness in Estonian society,
- Advocacy (e.g. commenting on law proposals),
- Support LGBT people by providing support and growth possibilities.
Values of the organization
- We are aware of things happening in the world and in the country, of ourselves and people around us and of our rights and obligations.
- We care for the people around us, we respect differences and avoid passing superficial judgment.
- We involve LGBT people, our partners, friends and supporters and cooperate with them.
The Estonian LGBT Association was founded in 2008 in Tartu. The founding members of the association are: Maret Ney, Jaan Kroon, Ago Press, Madle Saluveer, Ilke Ester Jaspers and Janika Saul. Until the summer of 2012 the association was called Estonian Gay Youth.
← Go Back